I allow myself to feel and be happy every day. When I feel happy, I am manifesting more joy and happiness in my life. ~ Affirmation for Joy
What makes us happy and joyous? How can we bring more joy and happiness into our lives?
These are just a few inspirations and thought-provoking ideas that, along with this Affirmation for Joy, I hope you will find beneficial to try out and maybe even integrate into your daily life to bring more happiness into your life.
- Look after yourself – not just physically but also emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
- Do things that make you happy and consciously focus on this regularly.
- Try out something new – especially if it is something you have wanted to try for a long time – be courageous.
- Don’t expect too much of yourself – be happy and enjoy what you are doing. No one is perfect.
- Deep breathing can help with releasing stress and feeling calmer and happier.
- Meditation can have the same effects and many people state that they are more balanced, energetic, focused and happier when meditating regularly.
- Spend time with people that make you happy, that uplift you and make you laugh. Being around positive people can have a big impact on your own happiness and outlook on life.
- Catch up with family and friends and do something you all enjoy.
- Remember Bobby McFerrin’s song – Don’t Worry, Be Happy.
- ‘The Art of Gratitude’ can also bring more happiness into your life.
- Turn off the TV and news every now and then. Have you noticed how negative most of the news and TV shows are? Be aware of this and choose to do something else at times.
- Start the day positively and focused on your personal development.
- Join a sports club, choir, meditation group or bible studies group.
- Setting goals, creating lists of what to do and prioritising – make sure you include times of enjoyment and times for yourself, doing what you like.
- Laugh! Did I say laugh? Yes! When was the last time you told a joke and whole-heartedly laughed?
- Help someone. Even if you consider it a small gesture – it may mean a lot to someone else. And this can also include using respectful, friendly, uplifting and supporting words when speaking with people around you.
- Make someone smile! It will surely uplift you, too!
- Compliment a friend or write them a short letter expressing your gratitude.
- Express your feelings, friendships and gratitude to your family, friends and people around you.
- Always try your best and aim high.
- Learn something new – whether it is reading about something, trying out a new hobby or asking a friend or family member to show you a new skill. We will never get too old to learn something new!
- Share your skills and talents – not only with younger ones but adults, too.
- Exercising does not only help us physically. There is a lot of evidence and reports about it making people feel better, too. What is your favourite sport or way of exercising?
- Consciously choose to be happy.
- Choosing positive thoughts – thoughts are very powerful and affect your general attitude. Try to focus on choosing positive thoughts and a positive mindset & outlook on life.
- Be aware that happiness spreads – and that you can pass on this happiness to people around you, ultimately making your surroundings a better place.
- Allow yourself to spend time on your personal development every day.
- Smile more often.
- Try to see the glass as half full (and not half empty) – and this is also a metaphor for focusing on positivity in life and seeing things more positively.
- Do something that gives you joy – every day.
I hope that at least one or two of these appealed to you. I hope that you will take this with you and give it a try to feel happier and more balanced in life.
How do you ensure that you are happy and have a positive outlook on life? Do you have a special routine or approach? Please leave a comment below and share it.