I love and accept myself. ~ Affirmation for Self-Love and Acceptance
Self-Love and Acceptance is one of the most important aspects in life, if not THE most important one in order to welcome to your life the abundance you wish for.
It is the root and essence in creating the life you desire and dream of.
How do you practice self-love on your journey of personal empowerment?
Take a moment now and reflect on your current situation. Are you happy? Do you love yourself? What are you grateful for in your life? What would you like to invite into your life?
You might ask yourself now ‘How can I bring or invite more self-love and acceptance into my life?’, and asking yourself this question is totally ok.
Here are a few inspirations and thought-provoking ideas that will hopefully help you to invite more self-love into your life.
Accept yourself truly for who you are. No one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes (including you and I). Accept this and look at the bright side of life. Focus on and see the good things in you and in your life.
- Look after yourself in all aspects of life (physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual) – this includes eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep, exercising and having times of silence and relaxation in your life.
- Treat yourself from time to time – do you like going out for dinner or going on holidays now and then? Do it! It will make you feel better.
- Set aside time every week where you can relax. Meditation can help you to bring silence and relaxation into your life.
- Set aside time every week to focus on your personal development. Self-love will become a natural aspect of this when allowing yourself to accept who you are and strive for an even better life.
- Let go of feelings of guilt and self-criticism. When this negative self-talk is going on in your head, stop and consciously change your thought pattern to the positive. Affirmations can be very powerful in helping to change thought patterns.
- Make choices in life that are good for you and that you feel happy with.
- With this in mind, follow your dreams and take action to reach them.
- Robert Holden, a British psychologist and author states that Happiness and Self-Acceptance go hand in hand. The more we love and accept ourselves, the happier we are. It sounds like such a ‘simple’ statement but it is so true.
- Affirmations are such a powerful tool. Download and print the above Affirmation Image. Display it in dominant place in your home and recite it often. This will uplift and can bring more self-love into your life.
- Listen to calming, relaxing and uplifting music.
- Have fun and laugh often.
- Accept yourself unconditionally with compassion and forgiveness. As stated above, no one is perfect. Forgive yourself for the mistakes you’ve made (as you would forgive someone else).
- Accept the past, but also accept that it is the past and that you live in the present moment. It is the present moment that determines the future and it is in the present moment where we lay the basis for creating our future.
- Accept the fact that it is ok to feel not so good sometimes. There are and will be ups and downs in our lives but it is more about the way we deal with them. Maybe next time when something doesn’t go as planned or expected, step back for a moment and think about how you can look at things from a different perspective in that situation. Also remember that it shall pass.
- Stop judging yourself – this does not help you at all in going forward. Accept that no one is perfect and focus on your strengths and talents. You may like to take a moment now, take a piece of paper and pen and write down all the things you are good at. Be honest and I am sure the list will be longer than initially thought.
- With this said, recognize your skills, talents and qualities.
- Take action and improve the things that negatively affect you and your life. This might not happen overnight – if you are unhappy in your job, consider looking at job adverts in your area to find the one position you will be fulfilled in.
- What are your habits? Are they good habits or not so good habits? Take a moment to think about it and how you could improve this aspect in your life. ‘Change won’t happen overnight’ but start today and you are one step closer to welcoming the positivity into your life that you want. Take small steps and reflect on it often to see the accomplishments you have already reached. They say it takes a minimum of 30 days to change and create a new habit. Make today Day 1!
- Allow yourself to strengthen feelings of self-confidence and self-satisfaction.
- Practice the ‘Art of Gratitude’ – if you would like to read more on this, please click here which will take you to one of our articles about Gratitude.
- Be encouraged to do something different today that pleases and fulfills you more (something that you have possibly put off for a while).
- Be creative, forget about time and do what you really love or would like to do on a regular basis.
- Realise that no one can love you more than yourself and you can only love others as much as you love yourself.
- Realise that you are the most important person in your life.
These are just some of the many ways that can help you practise more self-love and acceptance in your life.
Please feel free to comment below and share your experiences and/or opinions on this topic. I’d love to hear from you.